Wednesday, December 1, 2010

RESPONSIBILITY


It was less than a month before my youngest daughter had lost her new Nintendo DSI that she desired to have so much that she begged her father like every day.   So for her birthday, that’s what he gave her, the desires of her heart.  I do understand that at age 10, they may not be as responsible with things as some of us are as adults, but you would think if a person really wanted something that bad, they would be a little more careful with it.  Well needless to say, my baby girl was very heartbroken.
I thought about all the things we might ask for in life (in the natural as well as spiritual).  How do we handle or care for those things?  In the natural, that might be a house, a car, a spouse, kids, etc; in the spiritual, that might be a closer walk with God, a gift or the anointing!  Either way, there is a responsibility to everything we gain naturally and spiritually, for we are only stewards over anything that we have.  Yes, we work, Yes, we paid for it with our money, but it still belongs to God!  Everything belongs to God and he is entrusting us with everything and everyone he places in our lives.  Yes, the child that gets on our last nerves and the husband or wife that has become a bugaboo too! 
I was once told by a friend that she needed a bigger house, but she said to me, “Why would God bless me with a bigger house and I can’t even keep this single wide trailer cleaned?”  That really got me to thinking about how I keep my house and don’t even mention my car.  I haven’t made it there yet, but I am definitely making a more conscious effort.
Spiritually, our anointing is very priceless, and often times we can be too careless with it by allowing ourselves to hang around the wrong places/people.  Our daily walk with God is just as important, but not always do we value our walk or relationship with Him.  These are very important b/c if things/people ever disappear, we can be sure that God will always be there!  
As we embark on Christmas, let’s be thankful for all that God has already entrusted to us and be ready for the new things to come! 
Stay Hopeful,
Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment