Thursday, December 30, 2010

FOR MY GOOD BUT FOR HIS GLORY

Often times when we go through trials and tribulations, we go through the whys?  Why do we have to go through this or that?  Why is this happening to me?  What have I done to deserve this?  Etc!  As the year of 2010 gets ready to end, some of us can look back and say, “What a year this has been!”
Everything may didn’t feel good or even taste good, but there was and is a greater purpose!  Yes, the pain is real, the scars are real, but everything you have endured, God get’s the glory!  For we know that God causes EVERYTHING (yes, even the bad, the worst, and the ugly) to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them!  (Romans 8:28 NLT)
I am reminded of Joseph and all he had to endure just so that he can be a preserver for his people in the end.  Just to name a few, he was betrayed by his own family, sold into slavery, falsely accused but in the end, God’s plan came to light.  He didn’t know what the purpose was at anytime during his trials but eventually he saw and realized how much he had grown in God and how God was using him all along for such a time!  And the scripture says,  “ You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good.  He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. (Genesis 50:20 NLT)
So as we prepare for the New Year, I leave you with the words of the Psalmist Lashun Pace:
For my good, but for His Glory! 
For my good, but for His Glory! 
For my good, all that I’ve endured, God get’s the glory!
Happy New Year!

Stay Hopeful,
Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment