Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

Lately I have been having some behavior issues with my youngest daughter.  Not to the point that she can be labeled but just some things that I as a parent dislikes and desire to get a handle on immediately.  Anyway, last night I dreamed that I had baked three cakes and left them on the kitchen table.  I gave my daughter specific orders to not touch the cakes at all b/c they were made for someone else and didn’t belong to us (although a dream, this part really did happen). 
In the dream, my daughter demolished the two red velvet cakes and I was raged with anger.  It’s amazing how you can feel all kinds of emotions in your dreams.  Anyhoo, the dream ended but I never woke up.  I just remember my spirit taking over and speaking, “Lord I thank you for obedient children.”  Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaa!  For me, this was like a slap upside the head B/C I know this!!!!  I have done this before in other situations, and IT WORKED!  What in the world is wrong was I thinking about?  Sure we are suppose to punish our children when they are disobedient but we should always cover them in prayer.  Speak life into them as well as over them. 
Okay, so I just had like a serious  re-epiphany !  The bible tells us we can call those things that be not at though they were (Romans 4:17).  So in this season of thanks, let’s give thanks for all things, especially those things that we are believing God for.  Not just one time, but we must do these things daily.  We must be people of faith.  Speaking, “Lord I thank you for obedient children”  “Lord I thank you for a faithful husband”  “Lord I thank you all my needs are met” “Lord I thank you for restoring my marriage”  Your turn!  Speak those things sweetie that be not as though they already are!  If you are able to believe it, without doubting, (no matter what it looks like) you shall have what you say! (James 1:6)  Happy Thanksgiving!
Stay Hopeful,
Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment