Friday, December 3, 2010

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTERS MOST



Ever since my husband and I have been married, I made it mandatory that we kiss before either one of us leaves home to begin our day.  Recently, I was upset with him and decided I wasn’t going to kiss him good-bye this particular morning.  By the time I made it down the highway good, my cell phone ringed.  When I answered, there was a voice saying, “Um, what’s your problem?  You didn’t give me my kiss this morning!”  The next morning as I was preparing to leave the house, my husband said to me, “Don’t make the same mistake you did yesterday and leave without giving me a kiss.”
Often times, we don’t realize that something so small has the biggest impact in our lives.  Just as this kiss had an impact on our day, so does things like prayer in the morning, reading our Word daily or going to church on a regular basis.  After speaking with a young lady on last evening, she mentioned to me how she had lost connection with God.  She spoke on how she hadn’t been to church in a while and how so many things are going on in her life and marriage.
Whenever we stop doing the “small things” that matters, it has a large impact and affect in our lives and sometimes we don’t even notice it right away.  There is a danger in leaving anything unattended for long periods of time (in the natural or spiritually).  I am not saying that just because you pray, read the Bible and/or go to church that you won’t have problems, b/c God knows I have my share, BUT I can honestly tell you that it is better to go through anything with God than without Him.  There is nothing like being able to draw from the power of God from within yourself when going through something. 
As a lesson to myself, regardless of the problems or situations, regardless of how mad I might be, it is still mandatory to kiss my husband before either of us leaves the house.  It is just as mandatory for us to continue to do the little things to stay in fellowship with the Father on a daily basis, so when trials do come, we will have something to stand on.  His word, His promises, His love and mostly, HIM! 

Stay Hopeful,

Clarissa

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Clarissa! The "little things" are actually significant because they are the habits that lead us to the "big things." The problem is too many of us don't realize that until it's too late. Love the kiss every day--beautiful act of love and submission to the love God gave you both for one another.

    ReplyDelete