Monday, November 15, 2010

I CAN'T FIND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR




The other day I had a very important meeting to attend, but when I was preparing to leave work, I couldn’t find my keys.  I mean, I searched everywhere.  I looked in my purse, my bag that I carry paper and my work in, I looked around my desk, under the desk, in the desk,  the lost and found and even in the car itself, but still couldn’t find my keys.   After 30 minutes of searching, I was a little frustrated because I know I had them b/c that’s how I got to work in the first place, and I am running far behind time and there is no way I can even get to my appointment on time. 
After another 15 minutes, after walking back inside the building and back to my car, I decided to take flip the purse upside down as well as my carrying tote bag with my work in, and guess what I found, my keys, inside of a folder with papers.  Apparently when I dropped them in my bag, they slipped inside of a folder very tightly and secure.  I was definitely relieved b/c even though I might not make the meeting on time, I might still be able to get there. 
After thinking about this little incident,  I visualized me spiritually seeking and looking for things I’ve lost in the spirit, things such as peace, love, hope, faith, joy, and even just my close relationship with Christ (which brings all of the prior). The questions I asked myself while looking for my keys, was the same questions I was asking myself in the spirit; “Where exactly was I?”  “When was the last time I seen them?”  “What was I doing?”  “Who was I talking to when I may have gotten distracted?” 
Although very vital, sometimes in life, we actually walk away from or lose closeness with Christ.   Some due to carelessness, some due to uncontrollable circumstances, some due to ignorance- just not having the knowledge, but whatever and however, we lost it.  We lost our joy, we lost our peace, we lost our love for others, we lost our trust and faith in God, we lost closeness with God.  The question is though; what happened?  Was it when I was young?  How about when I met Mr. He So Fine or Ms. She Got It Going On?  Maybe it was when I got that job or when I started hanging out with my friends?  Maybe when I stopped going to church or when I stopped reading my bible every day?  Or maybe when I stopped praying altogether?  But somewhere along the way, I lost something very valuable and at this point in my life, I need it.  I am trying to go somewhere and I can’t make it to my destination without it. 
I’m reminded of a scripture, Hebrews 11:6- (NIV) And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek Him.  What am I saying to you?  If you are in this place, or ever find yourself in this place, I say to you, seek hard, it’s there b/c remember, you had it once before, Just like my keys!  Seek til you find what you are looking for.  Don’t get tired!  Don’t get frustrated and give up, b/c you’ll never find what you are looking for.   The amplified says it like this- He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him out.
I always give an example of kids in an Easter egg hunt.  As they began to search with nothing in their bags, they have it within themselves, “I’m gonna find me some eggs!”  They are turning up rocks, looking in bushes, seeking, and when they find one egg, they get excited and keep looking for more and more.  As you began to search in the Word and seek Him, He will reveal things to you.  He is truly a rewarder to them who earnestly and diligently seek Him.  Now get to searching and find what it is you are looking for, we gotta go somewhere! 
Stay Hopeful,
Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment