Monday, March 28, 2011

YOU ARE A TREASURE

This past weekend, my family was blessed with a new living room suit.  Because my nature is that of a giver, I didn’t just want to throw the old set away, but yet, give it to someone who was in need.  I sent out a few emails, and someone responded saying that they needed it.  When the person came and picked up the furniture, they expressed how much they really needed it and how this was such a blessing to his family.  I guess the saying, “one man’s junk is another man’s treasure” is definitely true!
When I think about this situation, I think about how God views us.  He sees the best in you and me!  Even when we think that we are worthless, not pretty, no good, or just a hot mess, God sees differently!  When our past constantly reminds us of our failures and wrong choices, God sees differently!   When others count you out and their feelings about you amounts to nothing, God sees differently!  When we feel like no one wants us, guess what?  God does!  He sees the value in you! 
I remember using an illustration in one of my sermons of a hundred dollar bill being balled up, thrown on the floor and trampled on.  When you pick it up, it is still a hundred dollars!  He might be wrinkled, dirty, battered, mistreated and misused, but it didn’t lose its worth! 
So, regardless what you’ve been told and been through, no matter what others seem to think about you or what you seem to think about yourself, you are precious to God.  He sees you beautiful.  And when it feels like no one wants you or you are not worth anything, God sees differently!  You are a treasure!

Stay Hopeful,

Clarissa
www.mygc.com/lightofhope

No comments:

Post a Comment