Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm So Lost

On our most recent adventure, as we do so many times, we set “Sally” (the name I gave my VZ Navigator on my Verizon phone) to direct us to our desired destination. 

Being a man, my husband says, “I think I can go this way and it will be faster.” 

Me being me asks, “Why don’t you just go the way the thing is telling you to go?” 

He replies, “I got this.  Plus, that’s your phone, I don’t trust it.”

“OK,” I said in my “whatever attitude” tone. 

As we continued down the road my husband turned on, “Sally” keeps saying, “Make a U-Turn” but I’m sure you know we didn’t make any U-Turns.  After we had went so far, “Sally” finally says, “Make a left at the next road.”  Because we were out of town and didn’t know exactly where we were, my husband finally decides to listen to “Sally” only to end up back on the same road she was on trying to guide us to in the beginning.

I’m sure you might be saying that navigational systems are not always right or that they don’t always give the best directions, and I totally agree with you.  But the difference is, in this case, we were not from this place, never been to this place, and we were completely unfamiliar with the area.  Anyhoo, we had had such a great time that day, so there was no need to let this little issue ruin the day, so we looked at each other and laughed.  After the laughter subsided, I looked at him and said, “I got my new blog!”

Isn’t this just how we do God sometimes?   We ask Him for guidance a lot of times, and when he reveals to us the way or what we have to go through to get there, we try to override what He says and do it our own way.  I can see with my vivid imagination, every time we go down a wrong path, or make a wrong turn, or make a wrong decision, or make a wrong choice or date the wrong guy/girl, or say the wrong thing (you get my point, right), He is standing and waving His hands, blowing a whistle, saying, “HEEEEY, YOU’RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!”  Sometimes we can get so far off course that we still have to end up going back to Him to get us back on the right path.  But the good news is….just like Sally helped us get back on course, God is faithful to do the same. 

So today, if you are in need of direction in your life and not sure which way to go, maybe you have made some bad/wrong choices and need help getting back on track….It’s simple….ASK GOD!  And when you ask Him, trust what He says. 

Here’s what I learned from this little mishap.  Never ask God for help or guidance if we are not going to follow what He says.  I mean, what’s the purpose.  Either you trust Him or you don’t.  There’s no such thing as half trust (another blog for another day). 

Taken from the New Living Translation: Proverbs 3:5-6,  (5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  (6) Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Stay Hopeful,


Clarissa

3 comments:

  1. We've been behind people and never go anywhere. We need to get in the direction that God sends us and stop staying in other peoples' passengers seats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarissa, I just finished your book and it was awesome! It really touched my heart. My situation was almost identical to your's but we stayed together. One because the other woman was married and two because I was going through a high risk pregnancy. It has been five years but feels like it was yesterday because I still think about it daily and I despise him when I do. After reading the book, I have a different attitude towards my husband. I now realize that my doing wrong, won't make what he did right. I know that he is not the enemy and that I have to forgive him (REALLY).
    Thank you for sharing, You are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharingfaith4u, it makes my heart smile to know that my book has blessed and helped you in some way. I pray that your marriage continues to heal and that God will restore all that the canker worms ate away. God bless you much and thanks for your support!

      Clarissa

      Delete