Wednesday, November 9, 2011

GOD REALLY DOES ANSWER PRAYERS

Almost a year ago, January to be a little more specific, my ministry class were asked to make a prayer list.  Each one of us were instructed to write down something important that we wanted God to do for us, and once finished, they were placed in an envelope.  Our administrator advised she would return them to us in six months; at that time, we would look at them to see what God had done for us. 

The purpose of this assignment was for us to see how much God loved and cared about us, and the things that concerns us.  With my pen in hand, I began writing my list:

1.  I want God to open doors for me to be in full time ministry and to work on my motivational speaking for youth development. (which I know is my purpose).
2.  I want to have my book published or in the process.
3.  I want my husband to experience God and get a closer relationship with Him.

Upon the return of my list, I could see that God was working on my prayers.  This morning, I wanted to testify of the goodness, and faithfulness of Jesus in regards to my prayers.

Prayer 1:  Back in July, I lost my job.  For the first couple of  months, I was feeling some type of way, and was kind of stagnant.  I finally realized that God did this just for me.  He has given me the time to do what I desire to do.   All I have to do is walk in it.  I can check this one off the list.

Prayer 2:  During this time off from work, I have been working tirelessly on my book, and have a goal  to have it finished by the end of the year.   Check out the book cover!  I can check this one off the list.


Sleeping With The Enemy

Prayer 3:  There was a test that came our way.  This test allowed my husband to experience God in a different way.  He is now paying tithes, and I have heard him tell God, "Thank You" on several occasions.   I see change in him daily.  God is doing it!  I can check this one off the list.  Uh oh, I think it's time to create a new one! 

So you see, God does answer prayers.  Just as He answered mine, He wants to answer yours!  That's what He does.  He's a prayer answering God!  Don't believe me; try it for yourself.  Make your own list, but be sure to not ask for things amiss (the wrong kind of things).  Put it up in a safe place.  Pray over it daily, and watch God work!  You'll be checking things off in no time! 

A prayer list does not ensure your prayers being answered, your faith does! 
14 And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. 15 And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for. 1 John 5:14-15 (NLT)
The list just allows you to have a visual, something to look back on and see how faithful God really is. 

Stay Hopeful,

Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment